Day of relaxing in Cancun

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Mother's Love


How can one describe the love of being a mother? A mother describing the love she feels for her kids could go on forever, and I must say, a mother loves each of her kids for who they are individually.

My daughter and I just happen to be spending some Mommy and me time during Super Bowl on Sunday watching all of the celebrities walk the red carpet and be interviewed. I'm drinking champagne and she's drinking apple cider in a champagne glass. She leans in and says Mommy, I wish you were famous. I reply that I am famous, and she ask famous how. I responded by saying I'm famous by being blessed with two beautiful, smart kids. She replies, oh Mom when you say things like that, you make the stars shine. How could a mother not love her child with that response!

My days can sometimes be stressful and I just want to runaway, but when I walk through that door in the evenings and I hear Mommy, you're home. I'm overcome with joy and the biggest smile a mother could bear.

I often hear parents complain about having kids and saying they are over rated. I never have those thoughts, because kids are a blessing that most people wish they could share with the world. I love being a Mommy, there is nothing better in the world. When I sit and watch my kids, I just thank the heavens above for bestowing that gift upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment