Day of relaxing in Cancun

Monday, May 10, 2010

The beginning of a new week

Wow! What a weekend I had this past weekend. I have two kids of my own, and being the person that I am, I agreed to watch my friend's 11 year old daughter and my 10 year old niece. What an adventure, three controlling little girls and a laid back boy. The girls fought all weekend and decided they did not want to play or get along with one another. By 10 p.m. Saturday evening, I had to open that bottle of wine just to make it through til Sunday. My son is what made me weather the storm, he has such a calmness about him that made another day seem like paradise.

I did not celebrate much today because it was just too much for me. I like peace and quite with a good book in hand. A co-worker had just given me a book (The Girl with the Dragon Tatto) on Friday to read. It's suppose to be suspenseful material and I know quite a few people that is reading this book these days. It's a National Bestseller, so if you have a chance, pick up a copy and let me know what you think.

Today, May 10, 2010 I have a dental appointment at 8:30 a.m. I know most people are wondering why I'm not asleep at 12:46 a.m. How I wish I could be asleep right about now. I am a night person, not by choice. My night ends around 1:30 or 2 a.m. most nights. I'm almost at the point in my life to checking myself into a clinic for insomnia. Do anyone have any advice on getting to bed at a decent hour? My days at work require that I'm alert, my mind sharp and a personality each and everyday to drive my co-worker crazy. She hates it when I greet visitors or answer the telephone and say Hi....I'm entirely too chirper in the mornings and she ask that I bring the tone down a notch!!! In this moment in life, I think being chirper is what we all need. My response to that request , is that everyone cannot be happy in life. I love her dearly, and I must admit, we understand one another. It is my livelihood and I must give it my all each and everyday.

Life is full of different situations, requests, and disappointments. So as responsible adults, we must not let anyone steal our thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment